Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/20/2021 7:29 am  #1

No popup windows, then freeze

Hi Nick,

I have a strange issue w/ Expedition on my Mesa2:
Whenever a "popup window" should open, it doesn't show. However, since the main window is locked, I am completely locked out and the only way is to end task and restart. This only happens on my Mesa2 same Exp version on the boat laptop is fine.

To reproduce:
1) Click Marks > edit marks. A new window "Marks management" should open. Not so on the Mesa2, however, now the main window is locked and clicking anywhere does not trigger a reaction. Just as if the window was there.
2) Click on number box > click cogwheel. A new window "Numbers" should open. Not so on the Mesa2, ... see above.
The only way out as said is task manager > end task.

This happens with Windows in Desktop mode or in Tablet mode. No difference.
Any ideas?

I'm a bit .. locked out 

10/20/2021 12:00 pm  #2

Re: No popup windows, then freeze

Try the Expedition System restore app.

Probably the Delete Display State option,.

10/21/2021 8:09 am  #3

Hi Nick,

I was able to further narrow down the problem:
It only appears when receiving data input from a network interface.
- I am connected to the boat wifi, Number Instrument = 0. Exp works as to be expected.
- I setup a network instrument to receive data and Exp becomes sluggish in general plus the above mentioned behaviour.
- It doesn't matter if I setup H5000 websocket or connect to the boat laptop via Exp interface. On the latter it doesn't matter if UDP or TCP.
- When Exp is "frozen" I turn of the wifi and with in seconds the lagging window pops up and Exp works as expected - just no data. I reconnect and the above behaviour appears again.

What du you think? With Middle Sea Race around the corner it'd be great to resolve this somehow.
Thank you for your help!!!

10/21/2021 10:12 am  #4

Hello,

Did you try the Expedition System Restore app?

Note that you can back up settings from the menu at the top left of Expedition.

Last edited by Nick (10/21/2021 10:13 am)

10/22/2021 4:18 am  #5

Hi Nick,

I deleted window states and Exp registry. Then reloaded the registry -> same issue.
I deleted the above again and re-configured all manually ... it feels marginally better but the issue remain:
No network data and the Mesa2 is nice and fast, network data on and it becomes really sluggish, some time "not responding" for multiple minutes, plus the above window problem?!

10/22/2021 4:19 am  #6

I might add: The Mesa2 itself is still as responsive as beofre .. just not Expedition.

10/22/2021 1:17 pm  #7

I know someone else had a similar problem on his Mesa recently, but I don't know what the solution was. Have emailed you.

I would recommend deleting all the registry settings, either manually or with regedit. You could also delete/move the Exp data folder in case something is broken in there.

Which Exp version? If not the latest …

Also, check drivers etc are up to date.

What sort of charts?

5/20/2022 12:44 am  #8

Sorry, it took me a while to test this again on the boat.
Issue seems to have disappeared. No idea why and how but nice it's gone

Board footera