Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2023 8:17 am  #1

Dtf in race tracking?

I am following the Transpac at home and tracking the boats that are currently sailing. When I go to the table that outputs status of each boat (Race tracking>tracking) at the last poll there is a Dtf column. To me that means "distance to finish" but the number shown looks like distance sailed from the start. 

Does anyone have an idea here. Not sure but I assume the table is just a dump from Yellowbrick but maybe not. Maybe my route is not set right? Thanks.

Chris

6/29/2023 8:19 am  #2

Re: Dtf in race tracking?

What is your active waypoint? Is it the start of the race or the end of the race?

6/29/2023 9:55 am  #3

Hi thanks, I am not sure I understand the question. I have route active to sail from the start to the finish. The route is showing on the chart and I can do routing to the finish..

6/29/2023 10:26 am  #4

OK when I set my Transpac finish mark as "active and course" the DTF shows as actual distance to finish for the downloaded boat. But that then deletes my active route and rhumbline. Then when I try and run an optimal routing it says I need either a current position and a mark or two marks. Probably a newbie error. 

Board footera