Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2023 3:22 am  #1

Connect laptop via WiFi to Instruments and Mobile hotspot simultaneous

Hi folks,We purchased a YDWG and installed it in our boat prior to the Sydney to Hobart race this year.I am running Expedition on a laptop and had the YDWG in Access Point mode and had no problem getting the data from our Raymarine seatalk NG networked devices. However, I want to also be able to pull down weather GRIBs from the internet - for which I use my mobile phone as a hotspot (hoisted to the top of the mast on a halyard)
To do so during the race I had to disconnect from the YDWG and connect to the Mobile Hotspot. I would prefer to continue to be able to get the data from the YDWG while I'm downloading the GRIBs etc from the internet. Do you have any suggestions on a setup that would enable me to achieve parallel connections and still use the Mobile Phone at the top of the mast for Internet connectivity?
How have others solved this challenge?

2/20/2023 5:23 am  #2

Re: Connect laptop via WiFi to Instruments and Mobile hotspot simultaneous

I have a second WiFi device (USB) that I use to connect to other networks when I'm on a boat with WiFi connected instruments.
You just have to ensure that each network uses a different IP address range.

Board footera