Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/03/2023 12:42 am  #1

expedition watch

Hi
I was just about to buy a Garmin watch for an upcoming regatta, and found that the TrueNorth software is no more. Also found nothing for an apple watch. Is there a wearable remote/display for expedition, or not anymore?

thanks
Balazs

2/03/2023 1:50 am  #2

Re: expedition watch

I can't find anything for the Apple Watch -- I've played with building it but there didn't seem to be much demand so it is on the back burner and I work on it when I've got time.

Right now I think the only thing that works is the garmin echo system or a phone strapped to your forearm with Ventus.

2/03/2023 2:00 am  #3

I'm using this app on an Android Wear watch
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viralandroid.expeditionwear&hl=de&gl=US
Works quite well.
A big advantage is, that android wear watches are quite affordable on eBay. Only the battery life could be better. 

2/05/2023 9:51 pm  #4

The author of NMEARemote assured me that he was working on an iWatch version recently. that might be worth a look, as the iPap/Phone app integrates nicely with Expedition. 

Board footera