Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2023 12:48 pm  #1

Single point analysis of grib data and/or ability to conver

Single point analysis of historical grib data and/or ability to convert .grib data to .csv

Hey Nick – my apologies if this feature already exists and I haven’t found it – but is there a way to analyze historical weather data at a single point?

I’ve used the multiple optimal route function and optimal solutions analysis to create a spreadsheet with Tws vs Twa along the optimal route – is it possible to determine Tws vs TwdM a single point?

For example – if I wanted to analyze wind speed and direction off Barcelona for the DH worlds in September, I can create a 1nm hypothetical course and analyze the historic weather data, but with Twa it’s unclear what percentage is starboard or port tack and what the Twd is. TwdM is already calculated for each individual route - would it be possible to add TwdM as an option to the Optimal solution analysis box?

Another option might be to add an option to convert a .grib file into a .csv. I’m guessing Expedition has already done this in the background but I’m not sure how to access the data.

Thanks again for creating this awesome software

Best regards,

Erik  

1/16/2023 1:29 pm  #2

Re: Single point analysis of grib data and/or ability to conver

Meteogram should fulfill your requirement.
Load the GRIB File, right click on the spot and select Meteogram. 

1/16/2023 1:40 pm  #3

Re: Single point analysis of grib data and/or ability to conver

Awesome - that works great - thank you for your help!

Board footera