Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/15/2023 6:04 pm  #1

Best cases for iPads on deck

I just had to replace my old 12.9" gen2 iPad as the screen died (old age related). Sadly my favoured Lifeproof Nuud case is no longer made - they were great as they were waterproof, but left the screen exposed. What are people using on iPads for use on deck now? The new iPad pro has a very bright display (1600 nits peak) so should be good in sunlight, but I've yet to test it afloat.

Thanks for the advice,

Tom

Last edited by TomH (1/15/2023 6:05 pm)

1/15/2023 11:44 pm  #2

Re: Best cases for iPads on deck

I messed around for years using Ipads. But I now run the getec tablet and have found it so much better. Especially for day racing.

Last edited by Stroppy (1/15/2023 11:44 pm)

1/16/2023 1:40 am  #3

It has gotten very hard to find a good waterproof case on for Ipads. I was a lifeproof user for years but they only support the absolute most current model.

Now I just use a cheap case off amazon. I have found the newer versions of microsoft remote desktop on the iPad have gotten much better and more usable.

1/17/2023 9:43 pm  #4

I'm using an Armor-X case for my iPad. I haven't been underwater with it yet but it's had to deal with a fair amount of rain etc and seems to be working fine after its first season.

1/22/2023 4:10 pm  #5

Kite wrote:

I'm using an Armor-X case for my iPad. I haven't been underwater with it yet but it's had to deal with a fair amount of rain etc and seems to be working fine after its first season.

Thanks. Looks like the armor-X will do the job. Appreciated. The cockpits on old Swans are meant to stay dry but…

Tom 

Board footera