Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/21/2022 12:44 pm  #1

GNX 120 Wind data

Hi.
Maybe I am the only one but on GNX120 even with data source (all data sources) are selected manually to navigation processor wind data (twd) is not the same as expedition receives or processor data shows???  GNX does it own calculations? The same for TWA and TWS ?

10/22/2022 7:14 pm  #2

Re: GNX 120 Wind data

I don’t know the why this is happening, but you might try defining custom pgn’s in expedition that simply duplicate twa, twd, etc and display those on the gnx120s.  I know this works great for other values expedition outputs like vmg and tgt bsp.

10/23/2022 12:24 am  #3

You are not the only one. We have wind instrument connected to GND10, GNX120 and otherwise H5000. The true wind is garbage as you say. It might be fixable by having the latest software in the GNX120s and by so being able to select the H5000 as source on the display. But I am still struggling with outdated SW on the updater tool.

10/23/2022 1:04 am  #4

data sent from exp via processor or via actisense works perfectly with GNX. 
the problems is on data TWD sent by processor (h5000 or sailmon e4) and this difference is more noticeable if you have wind motion correction activated.  It seems like GNX (sw v3.1) calculates TWD with twa(Leeway included) + heading. 
I contacted with garmin support and the answer was: “the GNX120 only displays what NMEA 2000 tells it. It is only a display”.
maybe we are doing something wrong with GNX filters or anything else but TWS and TWA seems to be the same data sent from processor and TWD so so.

Board footera