Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/05/2022 3:41 am  #1

IridiumGo wifi connection

I'm working with a boat with an IridiumGo wifi to the PC

When the IridiumGo first comes on the WiFi shows in the PC Network and Internet Settings
But then within a minute it goes away and I can only get it back by powering down the IridiumGo and starting over.

This has worked occasionally through Airmail but usually not because the WiFi connection won't hold.

Tried shutting down all other iPhones etc on the boat; no change

The owner is pursuing this with PW but thought I'd try here and see if anyone has experienced this problem.

Thanks,
Ernie

6/08/2022 1:35 am  #2

Re: IridiumGo wifi connection

I have one too, but dont recognise your problem. Only thing I can think of is that perhaps the antenna/switch or battery is not ok anymore.

Last edited by NoRay (6/08/2022 3:42 am)

6/08/2022 4:45 am  #3

We'll try checking the battery,
Thanks,
Ernie

6/08/2022 11:18 am  #4

Follow up...
Predict Wind replied to the owners request for support with:

"Have you completed 3 factory resets in a row?? and after each reset, wait until it starts up before you do it again? After the re-sets, power down the unit for 5 minutes and try connecting to one of your devices again.. hopefully, it holds."
I thought it sounded like superstition; but guess what, it worked!
YGLI

6/09/2022 7:46 am  #5

Good to know!  will keep that in the back pocket if I encounter that issue.  I usually also try to update the firmware, it has solved my issues more then once! 

Board footera