Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2022 6:08 pm  #1

Route window display non polar eta

When motoring, cruising or delivering the route window eta displays the polar time.
Is it possible to have a column, or ability to toggle the polar time vs real time simple cog/sog eta time. Currently the only way I can see to get this information is by showing cursor time on status bar and mousing over.
Would be great for deliveries/cruising to be able to see this in real time without manually calculating eta.

3/03/2022 10:24 pm  #2

Re: Route window display non polar eta

Matt, for deliveries I do 2 things:
1.  Set polar at (say) 50%
2.  Set Motor when BSP is below x knots, in a TP say about 6 kts BSP.
That gets an OK ETA pretty much

3/19/2022 3:13 am  #3

Thanks Duncan,
Does that work in the "Route" pane eta though or just in the optimal routing?
Example, am delivering now, we have 64 miles to go, Route pane says ETA 22 March 0630...  1 day and 5 hours..
I did find a number box for mark GPS time which is better - 9 hours 34 mins -  Then I have to manually add that for an ETA.  This time does align with the optimal routing estimates.
What I really want is a number box or a column in the "route" window for GPS ETA time for leg and finish, so I or anyone can quickly view an ETA  in realtime

3/20/2022 12:59 pm  #4

Matt, I think I follow you ..... but I may have it wrong.  If you set the current mark = your destination, the the Time to Next Mark (Number Box) will give you an ETA.  That may vary from the routing ETA through the vagaries of BSP, set, etc.  In fact it would only be the same if you travelled at exactly your routing SOG throughout the journey.  Alternatively, do a re-route from your current position.
And I may have the wrong handle on this.

Board footera