Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2021 6:09 am  #1

Wind gust

Has anyone come up with a good way of displaying mean wind and wind gusts together in one of the 9 weather display set ups?

5/23/2021 7:04 am  #2

Re: Wind gust

Simon,
Try setting the Wind to simple Barbs in black then set the Gusts to Contour Shading Colour red spectrum

Normally the Gusts will track pretty much with the Wind but it might highlight an anomoly.

However the Meteogram may be more useful to scan down the Gust column and spot anything that might be significant

If you come up with another solution post it; as it could be a really good piece of info to pass on to the crew!
Cheers,
Ernie

5/23/2021 11:29 am  #3

Re: Wind gust

Hi Ernie,
Thanks for the reply. What you've suggested was the best I could come up with too, my preference is using dark green rather than red 

I'm trying to work out ways to help the crew 'self serve' and on reflection pointing them to the meteogram might be the better call so thanks for the prompt. If I come up with a better solution I'll drop it into the forum.
ATB
Simon

Board footera