Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/12/2020 4:28 am  #1

Excel macro routing filter

Hello,

at the moment I'm building a macro for Excel to manipulate the data output of the routing filter.
I'm looking for inspiration about how it could look like. Is anyone happy to share a screenshot of his filter?
I know this video, there are some good ideas in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk8l_QdIQRk&ab_channel=CampbellField

Cheers.

12/13/2020 6:00 am  #2

Re: Excel macro routing filter

Nav,
One thing I sometimes do is add two rows at the bottom and two col at the right showing the total hours for each row and col then the % for the same  eg percent of the time at 10 kts or percent at 90 TWA etc
You can then add other col or rows to further group them eg % winds at 0-20 or winds at 40-90 TWA etc.
I don't use macros as it seems I always have some different way I want to look at each boat I'm working with.

The other thing you don't want to overlook is the incredible power in the 'filter' itself.  Try different choices of dTWA and dTWS when you apply the filter.

Post back if you come across any neat ideas.
Cheers,
Ernie

12/13/2020 7:00 pm  #3

Re: Excel macro routing filter

Ernie M wrote:

Nav,
One thing I sometimes do is add two rows at the bottom and two col at the right showing the total hours for each row and col then the % for the same  eg percent of the time at 10 kts or percent at 90 TWA etc

i've done cumulative % - i think it makes a bit more sense for TWS than TWA, but i've done it for both.

Board footera