Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2020 11:50 pm  #1

Sending data to Displays (and rapidly changing)

I move from boat to boat (40' / 52') and want to take a portable display with me to put important data up for all to see.

I can get any Expedition to go to Garmin jumbos or even B&G 20/20 (requires being off the rail though or get inside Expedition so a bit clunky), Ventus pro (could be to a dedicated display but you would have to be at that display to make a change) or Garmin watch (you have to look at your wrist).

Does anybody have a setup where they can (from the rail / tablet) literally 'beam' a data set to a jumbo display and quickly change it?
For example quickly moving from say target boatspeed + VMC%, to range and bearing to active mark or time to layline, or cross track error, or depth, etc.

Would welcome any feedback.

4/27/2020 4:27 am  #2

Re: Sending data to Displays (and rapidly changing)

Apart from setting up context switching (Alternating channels) I can't think of anything. Note that you can nest Alt channels (i.e. Alt0 upwind can point to Alt1)

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

3/22/2022 1:08 pm  #3

Re: Sending data to Displays (and rapidly changing)

I just found this and wondered. Garmin has a GNX display remote (https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/505495) that connects over N2K network - so they must be sending some sort of custom commands on it. Maybe if somebody can find those out, Exp can simulate that remote, and have a button connected to it?

Board footera