Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2020 10:08 am  #1

C-Map 4D remove device - deregister device

The C-Map 4D "store" and account process let you have 2 (or maybe it is 3?) "devices" MAXIMUM.

I am trying to "DEREGISTER" a device as this computer is going to a new owner and I have a different computer that I wish to register.  I thought I had seen how to do this but apparently I have either forgotten or it has changed.

Anyone know how to "DEREGISTER" a device in C-Map 4D Store?  Appreciate the help.  Obviously best to post here in the forum so others can benefit in the future...  but if you are also so inclined feel free to email me at hldevore@gmail.com

Thanks and Fair Winds!

P.S. - If I somehow figure it out or figure out a way to do it I'll try and come back and post an update.

2/22/2020 11:20 am  #2

Re: C-Map 4D remove device - deregister device

OK...  I knew I had seen it before...  and I found it again.  When you visit the "Account" and "Your Devices" through the Expedition app C-Map link the options you need do not appear.  You need to visit directly through the web via a browser it appears.  I stumbled upon this when going to reset my password.

Visit https://store.c-map.com and login and then when you visit "Your Devices" you will see all registered devices and their "Device name" and you can click on them and "Unregister" as you may wish.

Hope this helps somebody else eventually...

-HL

2/22/2020 11:32 am  #3

And I just discovered the "other way" to Unregister Device which is click on C-Map in the Expedition App and of the two buttons on the right click "My Maps" not "Store"...  In My Maps, click settings under the C-Map logo and you will then see an Unregister Device button...  of course this way you have to have the computer in your posession...  through the web way you can unregister remotely... 

2/22/2020 12:43 pm  #4

Important note:  It appears that when unregistering a device "remotely" over the web the device does unregister from the online account but it appears to retain locally the account information including your stored password.  Obviously this is not ideal.  So, if possible unregister a machine with the machine in your possesion so you can check that all is removed and unregistered to your satisfaction.

Board footera