Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/31/2019 5:24 am  #1

Routes area/regatta folder

It would be good to have the possibility to collect various routes in a unique folder. 
In some regattas where you have more than one coastal course (ex. Giraglia inshore races, Les Voiles, Maxi Porto Cervo) I usually create the routes in advance and then activate the chosen one day by day. Since the courses can be up to 20-30, I would like to collect them in a folder with the name of the regatta or of the area it takes place. If I remember correct, in Deckman there is something like that.
In this way, do you think it could also be possible to export the folder as gpx file, containing all the routes?

Thanks and Ciao, Nicolò

10/31/2019 5:49 am  #2

Re: Routes area/regatta folder

In the past I have addressed the requirement to select from one of a large number of pre-determined courses associated with one regatta by using a separate Marks database ("Marks DB" in the Settings / Files) for such regattas or venues.

That really speeds up the course selection process for me and also serves to clean up the entire "Mark management" panel for the duration of that event.  

The separate marks database can also be moved around quite easily, like a folder. 

Last edited by Joe Goulet (10/31/2019 5:51 am)

10/31/2019 6:42 am  #3

Re: Routes area/regatta folder

Thank you very much Joe! I didn't know about this feature before. 
This solves my request. 

Nicolò

Board footera