Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/15/2019 12:13 pm  #1

KND Race Replay log import

Trying to import an Expedition log file into Race Replay. It fails, saying it cannot determine start and stop time in the log. In the Race Replay config file I have set DateTime to "Utc" and ticked "Expedition DateTime format". Should the log file be converted somehow to allow Race Replay to read it?

7/15/2019 12:53 pm  #2

Re: KND Race Replay log import

No, it should be fine, leave the first column exactly as it is.  Have you processed it with KND LogCleaner first?  Otherwise is will get headaches.  If it isn't that, check the parameters in your RR Config file.

7/15/2019 9:37 pm  #3

When you say to leave first column as it is, what do you mean? In the Expedition log file, the first column is "Boat", the second is "Utc", then the different variables like BSP, AWA, etc. Should the first column be the timestamp "Utc"?

I was not aware of the KND LogCleaner. It wants another licence key, so need to ask Sailing Performance for that.

7/16/2019 10:48 am  #4

It turned out Windows needs to be set to using dot as decimal separator. Our locale dictates comma. Once that was changed, the log loaded fine. The joys of internationalisation :-)

7/16/2019 12:44 pm  #5

Yes, there are a number of Windows and format settings that Race Replay has to have just right - Run as Administrator, date/time format and something else about Windows settings that I can't remember.  if you don't have them all correct RR normally warns you at startup.
I don't use a separate key for KND Log Cleaner - I don't know what that's about.

Board footera