Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2019 1:54 am  #1

Planning Opt Routes

When planning Opt Routes for a race that starts at a specific time, I find myself going again and again to the Weather Tab, selecting Time, and changing the time in the Time window to the time already set under Optimal Tab, Settings, Opt routing, Start Time(lt).

It would be handy if when you go to Weather tab, Time, if the Time window had a tick box for "Opt Routing Start Time"
Ticking this box would set the Weather time to the Optimal/Settings/Opt routing/Start time

Cheers

6/07/2019 6:02 pm  #2

Re: Planning Opt Routes

HL
Is this what you mean?

6/09/2019 8:02 am  #3

Re: Planning Opt Routes

No... but I feel your "pain" on that one also... 

My simple "issue" is pre-race I'm constantly going in and running routes and looking at stuff...  Every time I go to click that "Optimise" button I say to myself, "Wait, what is the start time set to!?", and I go and double check it by clicking Settings, I look at the time, and then click ok, and then click Optimise, sometimes in the middle of doing it I'm interrupted or going so fast that I can't remember if I've actually done it and check it again... 0-:

Though that doesn't seem like a lot to do, but it can turn into 30+ clicks and checks when I'm going back and forth...  I've little doubt that I could make my routine more efficient however that simple lack of visibility to the start time setting has created issues for me before...  If on the ribbon it just gave visibility that optimal start time was x_________ or optimal start time was from current position it would "save me" some angst...  If I was able to set the start time on the ribbon I'd almost never have to go to optimal settings...

Board footera