Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/28/2017 6:24 am  #1

Garmin Quatix 3

I see  garmin quatix 3 supports wifi connection, anybody know if its possible to send instrument data from expedition out to these watches??

Keith

6/06/2018 7:32 am  #2

Re: Garmin Quatix 3

Has anybody managed to get any form of meaningful connection between the quatix and expedition??

6/06/2018 11:11 am  #3

Keith,
It's my understanding that you would have to have the accessory box for the Quatix (NMT-100 or similar) then it sends out the Nema data in Garmin speak.  Without that I don't think they will talk to each other.  However by plugging the Quatix data cord into the PC you can pass Wpts and Routes back and forth using the Exp features found in the Marks Tab/Export GPX or Import GPX.  I do that and then just use the Quatix as a stand alone aid.  One +. If the PC ever crashed you'd still have all the wpt data running on the Quatix.
Cheers,
Ernie

6/12/2018 10:58 am  #4

Keith: Suggest you get in touch with Diverse Yachts in the UK. They have custom firmware for one of the Garmin 4" displays that allows streaming all instrument data to the Quatix over wireless Ant+,  including custom channels from Expedition.

6/26/2018 3:49 am  #5

Watch this space, there is an ongoing project to get Exp data to Garmin Fenix watches. In beta, it works great, but buggy. You will find out when it is cracked.

Last edited by Campbell_Field (6/26/2018 3:49 am)

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

8/07/2018 1:16 am  #6

Campbell_Field wrote:

Watch this space, there is an ongoing project to get Exp data to Garmin Fenix watches. In beta, it works great, but buggy. You will find out when it is cracked.

Any chance of getting a beta release of the garmin app for testing?

Board footera