Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2016 4:35 pm  #1

Optimize question

When I select Optimize under the optimal tab, I get "Unable to sail from mark or start position."  Sometimes, it optimized my course.  Often it doesn't.  I have a Route active.  This is Win 7 and Expedition 10.2.3.

I've downloaded wind & current data from NOAA and Saildocs.

Also, how to I clear my weather data.  The "clear" button does not seem to work.  I do select the "clear old grib files" checkbox under saildocs.

Thanks,

Joe

1/05/2016 8:40 pm  #2

Re: Optimize question

Not sure on issue 1, as I don't have Exp in front of me.

For issue #2, go to settings from the Weather tab. You should see all of your grib files in the middle. Click on the ones you want to get rid of, and click the "clear selected" button.

Alternatively, you can also uncheck the ones you don't want to have visible. This helps if you want to just look at specific data, but want to keep the other pieces available for a later time.

1/06/2016 4:31 am  #3

Thank you!

Joe

1/06/2016 12:25 pm  #4

surferjoe wrote:

When I select Optimize under the optimal tab, I get "Unable to sail from mark or start position."  Sometimes, it optimized my course.  Often it doesn't.  I have a Route active.  This is Win 7 and Expedition 10.2.3.

I've downloaded wind & current data from NOAA and Saildocs.

Also, how to I clear my weather data.  The "clear" button does not seem to work.  I do select the "clear old grib files" checkbox under saildocs.

Thanks,

Joe

If you are unable to sail from a mark, check that
1. There is weather covering the mark, from the time from the start of your route
2. If Avoid Land checked, try unchecking
3. Check you do not have any racenotes that are being avoided by routing
4. Check that the nearest logical step in the routing is available, i.e. has wind, not on land (see 2. above), no racenotes etc

If it happens again post images of your opt route settings, and the route and can look to see if there is anything obvious.

Campbell.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

Board footera