Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2017 1:13 pm  #1

A Low Budget Solution to the Ventus Pro device

Recently Amazon started selling the Fire 7" Tablet for an almost 'throwaway' price of US$49.95, they also sell a waterproof pouch with a neck strap.  My only problem was that Amazon App store doesn't sell Ventus Pro (yet).

Getting Google Play on the Amazon Fire 7”  Tablet, turned out to be one of those simple but frustratingly confusing tasks that computers seem to serve up!
There are many YouTube videos out there but none that I found seemed to be ‘spot on’, although they sent me in the right direction.  I found the ones marked ‘for beginners’ mostly in line with what I wanted, and didn’t want, to do.

The first task on the Fire is to go to Settings/Security/Apps from Unknown Sources and set for ‘Allow’.

Next go to the existing Amazon app store and download ES Explorer. (I’m not sure why?)

Then after trying to follow the instructions on the videos with no success, I went to the Silk browser and typed in the url given on a couple of the vids .

http://dwl.gadgetxray.com

Up popped a list of files.  I clicked on the first 4, per instructions, downloaded each, then opened them and installed each.

I restarted the tablet then Google Play was in my list and it worked!

It allowed me to download a backup copy of Ventus Pro which is not on the Amazon App Store. 

I then went back and reset the Settings/Security/Apps from Unknown Sources to disallow until I need another Google Play App.

Hats off to Nick and Harry for bringing these fabulous tools to the table!

Cheers,
Ernie

Board footera