Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2017 10:15 am  #1

Windows Remote Desktop

I acquired Windows 10 Pro for my laptop approximately two years ago for the purpose of being able to use Remote Desktop as an alternative to Splashtop in case I found it better. I have never been able to get RD to work until reading a thread between DuncanR and ZeeZee in which ZeeZee spelled out some instructions which were lacking or deficient in the Microsoft aids for setting up.

Now I am off the ground and I can operate with RD on or off the internet and I can finally conduct my evaluation. Thanks guys    

1/26/2017 12:21 pm  #2

Re: Windows Remote Desktop

Joe
Look forward to hearing your comparison.  As I got Splashtop to go last weekend just fine, the remote desktop issue has become a lower priority than a GPS "1001 alpha no GPS" where the GPS occasionally decides we are at 00.00 Longitude here in Australia.  So that's got my primary focus today!

1/28/2017 11:38 am  #3

Re: Windows Remote Desktop

Duncan,
I have been knocking around MSRDP a bit over the last few days and as far as I can determine it would be handier and quicker than Splashtop inasmuch as it allows the remote device to function as a touchscreen in the manner that the user might have become accustomed to with the host PC.
However, in my underway environment I get beaten up a good bit and frequently have to scramble out of the way of sausage sailbags being dragged in what I am convinced is a carefully coordinated campaign of harassment and interdiction conducted by the deckforce. Consequently, inadvertent screen taps or swipes often raise hell in the middle of my processes and when I operate Splashtop in the "Trackpad" mode the requirement to use "mouse" buttons has the effect of partially "insulating" me from the effects of unintentional screen bumps or swipes that occur too often in my racing circumstance.
I have not yet discovered any means in MSRDP to operate in a manner similar to Splashtop Trackpad. If / when I do then I might consider the two Remote Desktop systems readily interchangeable in meeting my requirements.

Board footera