Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/29/2016 3:21 am  #1

Uploading and downloading Race Notes

Not a feature for Exp, but maybe for the forum. It would be nice to share race notes. I've now got all the North Sea, English Channel, Irish Sea and European Atlantic coast TSSs as race notes and would be happy to share them, if somebody would like to copy them.... fine with me.

Last edited by Boj (11/29/2016 3:21 am)

12/01/2016 5:59 am  #2

Re: Uploading and downloading Race Notes

Boj,
That's a good idea you should pursue with Nick.  Maybe under the Forum Index there could be a line "Links to shared files"
Cheer,
Ernie

12/01/2016 8:04 am  #3

I've just e-mailed my race note's at request, happy to do so, but maybe more fun if we can enjoy each others work!

12/01/2016 10:09 am  #4

Boj, Ernie

That is a good idea.  I will set up a section of the forum for sharing materials.  I'll need to experiment with some different ideas for structure and welcome your input.  Access to the content will be via email request or via links to external files (dropbox/websites/etc.)

This forum service has some restrictions on who can include links in their posts.  This is to prevent spam activity from new users.  I'm usually able to suppress those users quickly but it may cause an obstacle for some users.  Established users (regular posters) will be able to post links without restrictions.

Watch this space....

Okay, done.  you'll see a new section now called Community Resources.  For now just start adding as you please.  In the future, I may move them into subfolders (Marks, Polars, Notes etc.) if it becomes unwieldy.

Last edited by Fergal (12/01/2016 10:41 am)

12/01/2016 5:26 pm  #5

Thanks Fergal,
As soon as Boj posts a link I'll give it a try.  For small files maybe just a note e.g. "PM me for marks of the XYZ race"
Cheers,
Ernie

12/02/2016 1:21 am  #6

A dropbox link to racenote containing:
All North Sea TSS
Dover Strait TSS
All English Channel TSS
All Irish Sea TSS
European Atlantic Coast TSS
Sea View Exclusion zone for ISC RtIR
Let me know if it works

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jncvw1d7ssinf05/TSS_NSEA_ECHANNEL_SEAVIEW_ATLCOAST.dat?dl=0

Board footera