Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/06/2016 9:51 am  #1

Distance from P&S ends to first mark and save optimise results

Two suggestions;
First from racing in the Solent; I believe it would be of benefit to have Exp display the distance of each end of the start line to the first mark (not helpful on a proper beat or downwind). I know it is displayed in what-if, but I feel it would be helpful to have both distances displayed in the chart display, like in every other leg, but the first. 

Second after the RMSR; we've had Exp crash many times, for which I hope I've found the solution now. Every time Exp crashed I lost my last optimise runs. Could there be an option to save (selected) optimise courses?

Regards,

Boj Mirck

Last edited by Boj (11/25/2016 6:43 pm)

11/06/2016 5:01 pm  #2

Re: Distance from P&S ends to first mark and save optimise results

Boj,
on your second point:

Settings/Opt Routing/Tic box-Save results in Mark database
Then do your Optimization
It will be in your Marks file under labeled as the Start time

If you want to go further
In Mark Management highlight it as “Set active” then Export it to a storage device

Cheers!
Ernie

11/06/2016 11:52 pm  #3

Re: Distance from P&S ends to first mark and save optimise results

Hi Ernie,

Thanks; by saving the result as a course, you save the route, but loose all your weather data on the track. What I did in the RMSR after a few crashes is close Exp and re-open it, but wouldn't it be handy to save the optimums like you can also save settings in the settings menu? Now optimise results are only stored in the optimise file (...programmedata\expedition\optimise.mdb) if you actively close Exp. Another benifit of being able to save optimese results would be that you can compare them over time and even after the race....

ciao

Boj

Board footera