Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/29/2016 1:19 pm  #1

Is there an accepted way to interface with a tacktick set up?

I'm aware there a million and one ways to do this, I'm just wondering if you have a best set up.
I have a full tacktick set up, with maxi duals.
I would like a trgt bs page on the tackticks, and a wifi network so I can remote desktop to the expedition pc to get info on an ipad.
(also preferably minimising cost)
Thanks!

11/02/2016 2:21 am  #2

Re: Is there an accepted way to interface with a tacktick set up?

I race a yacht with maxi TackTick mast displays with 2 dual line and 1 single. The data is sent from a Raymarine ST290 setup via an NMEA bridge.
The data is passed through an Actisense NDC-4 so tha the custom data can be combined with the limited NMEA0183 data available from the bridge. The NDC-4 is used so as to get ais data to Expedition on 1 COM port at 38400 and the second channel at 3800 (Raymarine speed). The rate to and from the PC is 38400. The baud rate is 4800 from the NDC-4. The NDC-4 feeds the wireless transmitter for the maxis.
Raymarine only permit custom data to single line maxis. It's in the manual. Only 4 sets of custom data can be sent.
The transfer is somewhat haphazard with a significant delay between data changes on the ST290 displays and what is shown on the maxis. The wirele\ss router seems primitive in the way in which it bufferfs data.  The other issue is that for numbers like polar percents over 100 only the last 2 digits are displayed so that a polar percent for BSP of 102 only shows 02 on the single line maxi. I haven''t found any way to overcome this but there may well be one.

If you rest you rust

Board footera