Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/27/2016 4:54 pm  #1

Ventus improvement suggestion

I think this belongs here.  Can you get Set and Drift into Ventus Stripchart?

7/27/2016 5:03 pm  #2

Re: Ventus improvement suggestion

It is something we might look at in a future release.

Harry

7/27/2016 5:07 pm  #3

Thanks Harry
On the East Coast of Australia, it is THE thing to monitor, especially as relatively invisible.
Cheers

8/26/2016 10:11 am  #4

Another set of useful enhancements would be:

1.  Allow expedition commands to be embedded in pages
2.  Add additional expedition commands -  next mark, prev mark, etc
3. Allow strip charts and twd (lift/header) to be embedded into custom pages
4. Allow pages to be re-ordered
5  Allow pages to be hidden
6. Provide additional page types -- large left hand numbers, say 3 smaller on right
7. create an integrated tide set/drift graphic

A great app that sounds like is getting better...

8/26/2016 1:02 pm  #5

All good ideas, #2 has been in Ventus PRO for quite a while. I'm not quite sure what you mean by having Exp commands and strip charts embedded in pages?

Harry

8/26/2016 1:12 pm  #6

I have Pro version 3.1 -- the only expedition commands that I am aware of are in the "Exp Com" page are limited to 1) set port; 2) set Stb; 3) select mark; 4) pink mark; 5) strip chart and 6) pebble watch.  There could be a lot of other commands -- ie, next mark?  Have I missed them?

Regarding having Exp commands -- when you select a data item in a custom page you are presented with a list of Expedition data elements.  It would be nice to also have the option to select Exp commands, and also other graphical data items that combine several Exp data elements (like a set/drift arrow link you get with B&G), etc.

PS -- note that I am referring to my v3.1 application which is not presently connected to exp

8/26/2016 1:50 pm  #7

Click on Select Mark and on the left side there are buttons for Next Mark and Previous Mark. ​ Under the Ping mark button there are three more choices for how and where you want to ping the new mark. Presently Ventus gives you access to all the commands that Nick has written into Ventus. We do have a new release coming out in the next week or so that will also include a new one he just written in for us that will allow you to select an active course from your list of courses.

8/26/2016 3:23 pm  #8

Understand -- what would really help is the ability to select these commands and put them into a data page just like you select an item of data.  

I don't mean to be critical, but the high-level flow of information is somewhat convoluted and confusing in the application.  A little re-organization would make things much simpler -- for example, if you put the expedition commands and target graphs into the core system you could eliminate nearly all of the left-hand menus and people could make up their own pages as necessary.  The left-hand menu could then be used to navigate directly to the pages you have setup in a clear and consistent manner.

I would be happy to have a conversation with you offline about this in the interest of making the application better.

Board footera