Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2016 12:57 pm  #11

Re: Newport Bermuda 2016

Catamount wrote:

New to Expedition and will be co-navigating on Madison, a J120. 

Holy crap.. Are you going to wear a bicycle helmet?

What happens if two navigators want to go in opposite directions?

6/14/2016 6:17 am  #12

Working through my pregame this week, and just wanted to say good luck to everyone racing in the Newport Bermuda Race. I look forward to meeting some of you on the docks, at the parties and at the navigator's forum afterwards.

6/14/2016 5:23 pm  #13

JB
Good luck.  For the spectators like me, is the RC allowing YB Lite?  I can't find so on the website.

6/14/2016 6:44 pm  #14

Sailing on a modified Tripp 41, High Noon with 8 juniors and three adults who will all be doing a little navigation.  

Really happy with the optimizer and iridium extreme handset hooked up to a really good external antenna.  Always get 100% signal strength.  Will be getting weather updates via email and xgate but with native support for the optimizer it will be a snap to get the position updates.

jbehen wrote:

Just curious how many here will be participating in the Newport Bermuda Race this year?

I will be sailing as navigator on Triage, a Tripp 41.

6/17/2016 12:27 pm  #15

DuncanR wrote:

JB
Good luck.  For the spectators like me, is the RC allowing YB Lite?  I can't find so on the website.

see this: tracking will be delayed some hours until they close on Bermuda to avoid competitor tactical usage

http://pantaenius.us/en/american-yacht-insurance/newport-bermuda-race/live-race-tracking.html

Last edited by sheldon.haynie (6/17/2016 12:28 pm)

Semiconductor Development Engineer, Retired Viticulturalist, Occasional sailor
"Lioness" 1962 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom Yawl

6/17/2016 7:29 pm  #16

It seems to be operating OK now

6/22/2016 7:56 pm  #17

robalex117 wrote:

Sailing on a modified Tripp 41, High Noon with 8 juniors and three adults who will all be doing a little navigation.  

Really happy with the optimizer and iridium extreme handset hooked up to a really good external antenna.  Always get 100% signal strength.  Will be getting weather updates via email and xgate but with native support for the optimizer it will be a snap to get the position updates.

jbehen wrote:

Just curious how many here will be participating in the Newport Bermuda Race this year?

I will be sailing as navigator on Triage, a Tripp 41.

I met several of your kids tonight, and they were a fantastic bunch. Make sure Carina gets into the Expedition side of things. I think she make do well with it. Can't have Guillermo doing it all

Boat looks great, and congratulations on really nailing it!

As for the rest of you, I hope several of you will be at the navigator's forum? I know I missed Ernie in Newport, but would love to touch base and connect.

More later once the head has cleared, including a potential idea to make YB Tracking work smoother, but just want to send out a huge congratulations to those who raced!

Board footera