Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2018 9:05 am  #1

C-Map license

I have had a working copy of Expedition and C-map since May, now I had to replace my motherboard due to a problem with my integrated graphics card. Expedition starts fine, I've remounted my NT PC selector and it works fine, I can see my chart is licensed, no problem. However, I cannot see the chart in expedition, clicking chart only shows the world map installed, if I continue to the NT selector the chart is listed with the old license under "Purchased charts", I've tried restoring it from the disk - "successful" but still nothing shows up in expedition, any ideas on what can cause this?

9/04/2018 9:32 am  #2

Re: C-Map license

A little more info, expedition is the client in the NT selector, the folder is set to the recommended folder, folder is full access to all and I've tried restoring the chart.

9/04/2018 11:49 am  #3

With or without a dongle?

It is almost certainly a C-Map licence issue.

9/04/2018 2:32 pm  #4

Without, I’m having problems with Windows TPM, keeps asking for bit locker keys as well, might be related? Trying windows support tomorrow

9/04/2018 2:40 pm  #5

It is almost certainly a C-Map licence issue.

The NT Selector can say a chart area is licensed, even when it isn't. I don't know what hardware they tie the keys to, but it is likely you need new key(s) from C-Map.

9/05/2018 7:21 am  #6

I am in the USA and have had good luck with the office in massachusetts.
the terms are (or maybe were) that you only get one new license code.., but they have given me several.
i have needed it for new hard drives (i think) and definitely for new laptops
i happen to think those terms are pretty unfair.., but as long as they don't stick to it.., i'm okay with it.

9/07/2018 9:13 am  #7

A quick call to C-map and I got a new licence, apparently it’s only valid to the specific motherboard. Problem solved :-)

1/25/2023 11:16 am  #8

I have the same problem but with a dongle. NTPC Selector shows the chart as licensed but Expedition does not show it. If I use the dongle in onother PC it works OK. Any suggestions?

1/25/2023 5:01 pm  #9

Normally that would be a chart installation issue.

Have you used any other software that uses the charts?

1/26/2023 10:31 am  #10

Thanks for your reply. I don't have another software that uses these charts in this computer and I won't spend more time with this, as the carts are quite old. I guess it can be a chart installation or dongle driver issue. I am going for the 4D option. Just checked to see if it is a known issue. 

Board footera