Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/18/2017 12:12 pm  #1

KND Crossovers and Filtered Results

One notices these little things when one is head down in preparation.
When using KND crossover charts in Expedition, a Results CSV file (i.e. the Optimum export file) can contain more than one sail in two adjacent cells, while other rows do not.  This is caused by overlaps in the crossover file, and easily fixed with a little concatenate macro.
However, the filtered results file does not contain such double sail crossovers; only a single sail is represented in any cell.
How does Expedition resolve these two sails to one in the Filtered Results file?

12/18/2017 3:45 pm  #2

Re: KND Crossovers and Filtered Results

I hadn't thought of that - will replace the ',' separator in the multiple sails text in the routing output to help with the export.

​With the filter, if the centre of the twa/tws bin has (eg) two sails, Exp will use half the hours for each and list separately.

12/19/2017 4:13 am  #3

Nick, personally affronted you haven't thought of absolutely everything, what are the world's engineers coming to?  
Not a big deal, but maybe having the filters display crossover sails might be better.  Having said that, complexity  -  that whole meaning versus detail debate - is not so good.

12/22/2017 11:28 am  #4

Hi Duncan, if you save the file as .txt instead of .csv then the export works well. What I mean is that it puts any multiple sails in the one column.
Cheers, Will.

12/23/2017 3:03 am  #5

Thanks Will, I knew that.  The old consultant in me eschews any step in a process not essential and therefore looks at ways to eliminate it.
See you tomorrow at the briefing.

Board footera