Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/27/2016 3:22 am  #1

Filter on date when editing polar

When I edit my polar I can filter to only show tests with e.g. >98% VMG.
In addition to this, is it possible to filter the tests on date?   (without having to delete test data from the database). 
On my boat I have improved the accuracy of instrument calibration over time and therefore I would 'trust'  the recent tests more than the older ones.

If this is not possible, would it be a useful Exp feature enhancement?

9/27/2016 10:52 am  #2

Re: Filter on date when editing polar

Are you clicking the "Log file" box in the Polars / Edit / Window? Doing that should bring you to a dialog box which provides you with an opportunity to select a Log file and the criteria for data that you want to include in your tests. This "Auto-Test" function is quite slick and I am sure that it will be just what you are looking for as a "useful feature enhancement". Shout me up with any questions about it as I am a reasonably proficient devotee, having learned about it two weeks ago. 

9/27/2016 11:13 am  #3

Hi Joe,
No, I have manually saved hundreds of tests over time (by analyzing individual log files in Stripchart and then saving tests for those periods in time when the boat was sailed well).
So I use these tests to optimize my polar.  But as said, the quality of e.g. instrument calibration has improved over time so I put higher value on the more recent tests than on the older ones. 

I was tinkling of adding a date selector in in the Polar - Edit - Upwind/Downwind window.  Just like the VMG selector in these windows only selects the tests that have at least x% VMG,  the date selector would select only tests after a specific date.

BTW I haven played with the feature you mention to create tests from an individual logfile automatically.  Will it create those tests only for that specific purpose of polar editing or are they stored n the Exp database between the tests you create manually from a Stripchart?   

Last edited by ZeeZee (9/27/2016 11:14 am)

9/27/2016 11:17 am  #4

Hello,

​The auto-tests aren't saved. You can select which tests to display, but this can be tedious.

Board footera