Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/07/2016 9:22 pm  #1

Tidetech interface

I am having  trouble when loading tidetech. I select an area, up comes the tidetech login. I can update files successfully but then when I go to download them it says I have not selected an area.
How do I reset this link, is it an expedition problem or a tidetech problem

8/07/2016 10:01 pm  #2

Re: Tidetech interface

I've seen this on tablets using a stylus, and haven't been able to fix it ... but then I hate stylii.  What's your device?

8/07/2016 10:10 pm  #3

i have a panasonic tough book
Have fixed the problem with help from tidetech but now they have a new system of files. Previously each location had subset of  currents for that area. Now you are given the whole global currents so the file is much larger .
Was confusing to start with but i guess it gives you the same information

8/07/2016 11:17 pm  #4

You should be able to select an area on the chart  to download smaller files.

8/08/2016 10:54 pm  #5

Nick
There is no gribchop capability - that I've ever discovered - in Tidetech via Expedition.  Outlining a small area off NSW produces the same filesize as the whole of the east coast, 37-something megabites.
Downloading via PW produces the same result.
I've vaguely thought about going via the TT website and then importing into Expedition,  but have yet to try.

8/08/2016 11:13 pm  #6

You can select an area and download just that area. It seems to have become quite slow to extract with the new system at Tidetech though.

8/09/2016 11:17 pm  #7

I stand corrected, confusion with what happens inside PW.  Right now TT is returning blank files ....

Board footera