Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/21/2016 2:16 pm  #1

New User - download charts

No direct address for Nick. Sunderland gone missing. New installation of Expedtion. Need a chart. C-Map and Jeppesson a minefield. Is there an instruction leaflet on how to get a chart into it? Pain in my arse with this. No wonder we pirate data.

7/21/2016 2:50 pm  #2

Re: New User - download charts

If you are talking about C-Map, go to the Jeppesen website and get their instructions.  It isn't intuitive, but it's not impossible either.  I take it you have purchased the charts and have the dongle or whatever alternative permissions technology you require?

7/22/2016 1:08 am  #3

If you don't want to go the CMap way, and are UK based (I assume from the Sunderland reference), then it's worth looking at the VisitMyHarbour stuff - locally stored or encrypted dongle of raster UKHO charts for UK and adjacent European waters. The usual caveats about vector vs raster apply. If you want CMap in the UK I bought through Campbell Field who was very helpful. 

PS I should say that I've found Graham very helpful too - he even offered me some loan hardware when I was having what might have been mulitplexor issues, but I know he's been doing things in Rio this year, so might be hard to contact. 

Last edited by TomH (7/25/2016 8:51 am)

7/23/2016 1:36 am  #4

Hi Cags - Cmap is the way - you just need to call them and press through it... I have used C map USA before. They all deal direct only. It is a bit of a hoop jumping exercise but a man of your programing skills can cope with it. 
Call if you get stuck have now finished the Paneari (missed you blokes this year)

7/23/2016 8:27 pm  #5

The other options are C-Map 4D which is online and NV-Verlag. NV are raster charts, which people have been preferring for the Caribbean.

Board footera