ExpeditionExpedition Navigation Software


Click Here for Expedition Assistant - AI Chatbot

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Today 7:03 am  #1


ExpeditionX 12.9.11 hangs when initializing C-Map

New user here-

First problem was C-Map XCM was not allowing new digital licence to be downloaded (option remained grayed out) so couldnt see the cmap charts.  Also laptop was never recognised/registered as a device in XCM.  Expedition did appear to initialize c-map without problems when clicking the c-map button in charts tab, asked for login, asked user to shut down EXP before loggin in to XCM..

Yesterday 9/26  the problem changed - now EXP just hangs when I click the C-map button in the charts tab.

Windows 11 Home, 25H2

 

Today 12:50 pm  #2


Re: ExpeditionX 12.9.11 hangs when initializing C-Map

I'm not sure what would cause that.

I would try selecting the 'Require login at next startup' option and restarting Exp.

If that doesn't help, it might be worth trying the Expedition System Restore app. Start by selecting the C-Map option.

Ther is a new Expedition (12.10.0) just now. This has revamped C-Map X Charting support.

 

Today 4:19 pm  #3


Re: ExpeditionX 12.9.11 hangs when initializing C-Map

Thank you Nick- but now I'm back to the original problem- XCM wont allow me to download my digital chart license.  I think this may be because Expedition/thePC isnt getting registered as a device in XCM.

I now have Expedition X (12.10.0), set to run as admin, and with the "require login at next startup" checked.  I open Exp, click the c-map button in the charts tab.  Get the "initializing C-Map" notice.  Login to C-map in the pop up box.  Have no Discover-X charts so click the C-Map button again- get a popup that says "no digital licenses".  Click the XCM button on that popup.  Get the "please shut down Explorer before loggin in to XCM" popup.  Shut down Explorer.  Login to XCM.  And in XCM although the digital license shows under my account there is no option to download it in my charts tab.  And I've never had an opportunity to select an area for charts download or update in XCM..

And never do I get a notice that my PC needs to be registered.  Is there some way to iniatiate this?

Thank you 

     •Thread Starter
 

Today 4:42 pm  #4


Re: ExpeditionX 12.9.11 hangs when initializing C-Map

You don't need to "download the charts licence in your charts tab". That is all handled seamlessly.

If you email me, I can send a C-Map document.

 

Today 4:45 pm  #5


Re: ExpeditionX 12.9.11 hangs when initializing C-Map

I was refering to downloading the digital license in XCM- I'm just following the "XCM guide for PC users", or trying to

     •Thread Starter
 

Today 4:54 pm  #6


Re: ExpeditionX 12.9.11 hangs when initializing C-Map

Have sent the doc

 

Board footera




Check out RaceData for iOS and Android. Expedition data in the palm of your hand, or on your wrist! RaceData

Interested in advertising here? Over one thousand active navigators and Expedition users visit this forum. Click here to contact the administrator.