Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/09/2016 1:08 pm  #1

Expedition & H5000 External/Remote channels and data types

Hi all

I successfully get most of the data I need from Expedition into the H5000 system using external channels in Expedition that map to Remote channels in the H5000 cpu. Pretty much everything works but I'd like to be able to see the sail choice from the sail chart for the next leg/mark. I have configured the system and see the data in the H5000 system but the sail values are numerical and not the string values I was expecting.. For example my Code 1 appears as 49.0 in the All Data tab on the CPU web page.

Anyone know how I can apply correct data types to External/Remote channels for things that are not floats? Or, better still, anyone know how I can tell expedition to send the string value it displays and not its (i am assuming here) numerical equivalent that I dont have a lookup table for?

Many thanks

Paul

6/09/2016 2:35 pm  #2

Re: Expedition & H5000 External/Remote channels and data types

I think it has to be a numerical value.

6/13/2016 1:28 am  #3

Nick wrote:

I think it has to be a numerical value.

Hey Nick,

Is there anyway I can extract the list of what number equates to what sail in the sail chart ?

Cheers

Paul

6/13/2016 1:58 am  #4

You can check which sail equates to which number by opening up the Exp database file in MS Access - The info is all in there.

6/13/2016 2:00 am  #5

Thanks Ben

Board footera