Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/13/2016 2:28 pm  #1

noise in strip charts

I just got Expedition connected to our new garmin instrument system. It is really great, it was super simple to get going and that great. 

once i got home i realized we have some issues - first i did see on the track that the gps is really jumpy, so there is was some noise there.

Then i opened strip charts and loaded the log files and then i see that there is random spikes everywhere, resulting in spikes lasting betweem 0.2 and 0.6 seconds. They are occuring mostly together.

So I am thinking is this most likely a computer problem, or could it be an acticesense problem, or an instrument problem. when i look at the data directly from the instruments without daming on the displays it looks fine, but if i look at the custom data from expedition it jumps as if there was noise randomly appearing. like wind agle jumping 90 degrees for 2 seconds and then comming back

anyone seen this before

i have set some power option to save batterylife on the computer. i had turned the wifi off. It could be swapping or disk writes or something but that seems like a long time...

i am using a lenovo x230, with windows 10
ohoi
Birger

Last edited by birger (5/13/2016 2:28 pm)

5/13/2016 2:47 pm  #2

Re: noise in strip charts

Can you send or post a picture?

Board footera