Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/28/2023 3:03 am  #1

Bluetooth GPS / Windows 11

Hi Nick --

We're offshore (mid-Atlantic) and our Yacht Devices interface to our Raymarine system has died.  I'm trying to interface a Bluetooth GPS (Dual Electronics XPS160) to my Win 11 laptop in order to resume tracking in Expedition.   I have successfully connected to it on OpenCPN using COM6 on the same machine but whatever I do in Expedition, I can't get the GPS data in.  I have selected the GPS source as COM6.  Are there port settings somewhere that I'm missing?  Anything else that I should try?  

Thanks,

Adam  

11/28/2023 3:10 am  #2

Re: Bluetooth GPS / Windows 11

Just a reminder that if you are using a COM port only bit of software at a time can talk to the port.

11/28/2023 3:13 am  #3

Make sure you close OpenCPN before opening Expedition to use the com port.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

11/28/2023 10:27 am  #4

Thank you!  I hadn't realized that you can only have one application listening to a COM port.  I think that OpenCPN can relay NMEA data as a talker, so the next time the YD box cuts out I'll try setting up OpenCPN to relay the COM6 data to Expedition on a different port.  

11/28/2023 10:59 am  #5

Expedition can also broadcast incoming data to a UDP port.

11/28/2023 11:08 am  #6

Very helpful!  Thank you!

Board footera