Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/26/2023 1:09 am  #1

Vulcan 7 data exchange

Hi
I'm on a friends boat for a few W/L races and I brought my Exp laptop. No mast displays, a Vulcan 7 with DST, wind and a Triton2. I'd love to get gun time from the Vulcan and ideally send back polar data. The only way I can connect is over wifi.
So far the only data I found coming on Wifi is NMEA0183 which doesnt send race timer or line, and does not accept any data. Is there any other way over Wifi? I tried H5000 websocket, H390 H-link, and else, but cannot find any way to get more data out or any data in. 
Wasnt there a way to send perf over NMEA0183 in some other variable? I found it as NMEA2000 RPM, but not this.

Thanks

8/26/2023 8:14 pm  #2

Re: Vulcan 7 data exchange

It isn't possible with NMEA 0183.

8/26/2023 10:35 pm  #3

Re: Vulcan 7 data exchange

Thanks. My (apparently poorly worded) question was if someone found another way to access the Vulcan7. There are a number of weird ports open, including the H5000 websocket. In fact, if I click ‘send to instruments’ in Exp, the plotter receives a single waypoint.  So some data goes over. I was hoping the Vulcan can receive data on other channel than the 0183

Board footera