Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/16/2023 7:20 pm  #1

Configuring Instruments

I've installed Expedition 11.19.17 on a Microsoft Surface Pro (i7 16GB) upgrading from my installation on an older i5 8GB Surface Pro, both running Windows 10 Pro with all updates installed. When going to configure the instrument connections via Settings/Instruments menu, the Instrument configuration window simply doesn't open; instead the Settings menu closes. I've attempted this, FWIW, with the PC connected to the boat instrument wifi network (we use NEMA 0183 to B&G and Raymarine instruments) and also when offline. No popup blockers are enabled. Any suggestions for troubleshooting, please?

7/16/2023 7:31 pm  #2

Re: Configuring Instruments

I don't know what would cause that, unless there are no ports.

You could try setting the number of network connections to 1 and see what you get.

Last edited by Nick (7/16/2023 7:31 pm)

7/16/2023 8:38 pm  #3

Thanks for your rapid response Nick. Unfortunately none of the Settings submenus will open - including the Network Connections menu; trying to select them just closes the Settings menu. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling Expedition.

7/16/2023 8:56 pm  #4

Try the Expedition system restore app and select Delete display states

7/20/2023 12:39 pm  #5

+1
I had the exact same problem and none of the below suggestions solved it.  Neither did a clean install of Windows 11.  But I got a new key from Nick (somehow the original was "bad") and now good to go! Weirdly, with the bad key, the software showed "License OK" and route optimization worked, but the instrument dialog just wouldn't open.   Quickly resolved!

7/20/2023 1:47 pm  #6

Arma61211 wrote:

+1
I had the exact same problem and none of the below suggestions solved it.  Neither did a clean install of Windows 11.  But I got a new key from Nick (somehow the original was "bad") and now good to go! Weirdly, with the bad key, the software showed "License OK" and route optimization worked, but the instrument dialog just wouldn't open.   Quickly resolved!

Thank you! I’ll have my reseller reach out to Expedition for a replacement key.

Board footera