Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2023 8:00 pm  #1

Expedition Tab only loads a few days of GRIBS?

A few days ago I noticed that when I download a GRIB through the Expedition Tab I only get a partial dataset.  2 days instead of 5.  5 days instead of 10, etc.  Doesn't seem to be model specific and it is consistent that if 5 days should be available I will only get the same 2 dayish regardless of model.  If I download through Saildocs it works fine.  I was using a v18 when the problem started.  I upgraded to v19.8 and same problem.  

Any ideas?

6/30/2023 7:01 am  #2

Re: Expedition Tab only loads a few days of GRIBS?

Quick update.  I upgrade to v19.14.  No change.  
More specifically, I can see on the right side all of the model times through, for example, 5 days with Arpege, but when I choose a specific time or press play, or any method of advancing the time the weather only displays for about 2.5 days and then it is blank.  If I press Play it actually restarts after 2.5 days even though there are 5 days date/times showing in the list.  

6/30/2023 8:35 am  #3

Another update.  If I download 8 days of ICON, I get 5 days.  If I download 6 days of ICON, I get 5 days, but the 8 day file is bigger than the 6 day file.  

When I download 5 days of UMG I get 2.5 days.  Our friends sent us 5 days of UMG from their Expedition download and then I can all 5 days from that file.  

6/30/2023 9:14 am  #4

Apologies, more updates.  I sent my file to our friend and they too can only see 2.5 days of wx from a file that should be for 5 days.  As best I can tell, it seems the issue is with the download of the file, not viewing of the file.  

6/30/2023 9:21 am  #5

Wowee.  We might have figured it out.  We changed our Internet Settings - Network - Use Window Settings to Direct to Internet and now we are getting all of the data!

6/30/2023 5:51 pm  #6

Well...  I just upgraded to 19.15 and now I'm back to same issue again.  Only this time changing the Network settings isn't fixing the issue.

Help.

6/30/2023 6:17 pm  #7

For ICON there are only 120 hours available for the 06 and 18z runs. UM and HRES are similar and Arpege varies.

This is probably what you are seeing.

See the Exp weather web page.

Last edited by Nick (6/30/2023 6:17 pm)

6/30/2023 6:31 pm  #8

Oh.  Yeah, that makes sense.  Thank you.

Board footera