Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2023 10:06 am  #1

Fails -- Optimal Solution Summary Analysis Export

Over the past several weeks, I have been running trial routings and then exporting the detail and summary to csv files for additional analysis. This feature has been working fine until today. I am still able to export the route details, but the route summary now fails most of the time. Most of the errors are silent, but I did have one occurrence of the message "Unable to write results to GFS Routing Summary.csv". Rebooting Expedition sometimes restores the function, but for only one occurrence. Attempting to export the summary for a new route once again fails.

I also tried exporting the route summary on my backup laptop (also on 11.19.2 4D) and it also fails.

I am running Expedition version 11.19.2 4D.

Anyone having similar problems? Is there a workaround to get this data?

Thanks

Last edited by ErieSailor (6/28/2023 11:57 am)

6/28/2023 12:28 pm  #2

Re: Fails -- Optimal Solution Summary Analysis Export

Almost certainly Exp doesn't have write access to wherever you are tryign to put the files.

6/28/2023 12:49 pm  #3

Nick,

That was my first thought, but the route detail exports to a csv file in the same folder flawlessly on both laptops. In trying to find a workaround, I reverted my backup laptop to version 11.15.9 and am experiencing the same issues -- the route detail exports fine, but the route summary errors out.

There were several Windows and Office updates applied to both laptops in the last two days. Since this problem did not exist as recently as Monday, could it be related to the automatic updates?

Mark

6/28/2023 1:48 pm  #4

Nick,

A further update based on some testing. Exporting the route detail continues to work without an issue. Attempting to export the summary to a new csv file in the same folder as the route detail csv still produces an error. However, if I create a blank csv file using Excel and place it in the same folder, Expedition with overwrite the blank csv file with the summary data if I select the blank csv in the export interface.

Mark

6/28/2023 3:53 pm  #5

All ok here, so I presume something specific to your computer.

6/29/2023 1:31 am  #6

It is curious that the issue would appear suddenly on two separate laptops at the same time. Both installations were okay on Monday and then having the exact same issue on Wednesday.

Board footera