Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/06/2023 12:19 am  #1

Can crew members without Expedition view log files in Stripcharts

Hi

I produce basic reports for crew post race which I have prepared in Expedition. Currently I'm just taking screen shots of the track and a couple of stripchart with the days logfile loaded (and unmarked events in vertical blue lines). Starting basic for now as I get more familiar with Expedition etc. 

1. Is there a way for crew members (who dont have/use Expedition) to view log data in Stripcharts? eg will Stripcharts work for a non-licenced user if I provide the log file (and they have the Stripchart.exe) or is there another program which will can view the log data in a similar way to Stripcharts? 
2. Perhaps people have other suggestions of providing crew with simplified/analysed data to stimulate discussion (other than inviting the whole crew over for dinner and crowding around the computer). 

The original Wild Oats - 4343!

6/06/2023 12:16 pm  #2

Re: Can crew members without Expedition view log files in Stripcharts

Yes, I think Stripchart should work.

6/07/2023 8:16 am  #3

Re: Can crew members without Expedition view log files in Stripcharts

Thanks. That works (with a copy of the polar and log of course). No events are in the strip chart, I presume as they remain in the database on my computer, but the skipper can work that out.

The original Wild Oats - 4343!

Board footera