Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/07/2022 8:50 am  #1

Add "Rotate" and "Pitch" to Chart pane

I was just viewing a 4D chart in 3D mode. I wanted to looking at:
- land formations to get an idea about local wind effects to expect / post-analyse as well as
- the shape of the sea floor to get an idea about current flow to expect / post-analyse.

To do this, it would be really handy to be able to easily rotate the chart. The only way I could achieve this:
- Set orientation to "Heading up"
- Start the simulator
- Change the simulator heading and the chart rotates accordingly.
To change the pitch I need to go into advanced settings and change there.

It is possible to pan the chart with the arrows on the chart pane - but not to rotate or change 3D pitch.
(Maybe the pan buttons can be removed? Wondering who actually uses this 🤷‍♂️)

I suggest to implement:
- Rotate chart. Buttons [+] and [-] as well as a editable text box with the current value.
- Change 3D pitch. Buttons [+] and [-] as well as a editable text box with the current value.

Last edited by voodoomatz (12/07/2022 8:55 am)

12/07/2022 10:35 am  #2

Re: Add "Rotate" and "Pitch" to Chart pane

It might be better to use the right mouse button - hold it down and pan.

However, I am in the midst of a complicated project I was trying to get done for Hobart, so it might be a while.

I did remove the pan buttons once and there were complaints ...

Update: It was easier than what I was intending to work on today, so it is now implemented for the next update. Do you have the dev build?

12/11/2022 6:23 am  #3

Re: Add "Rotate" and "Pitch" to Chart pane

Nick wrote:

...It was easier than what I was intending to work on today, so it is now implemented for the next update.

Works amazing!!

Two minor details I noticed while testing:
1) With right-click+down you can change the pitch to a minimum of 11. Using C-Map/Adv you can go as low as 10.
2) With right-click+up you can change the pitch to a maximum of 90. Using C-Map/Adv you can only go as high as 80.

Neither affects usability nor the feature itself. Just thought I mention it.

Thanks heaps!

Board footera