Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/26/2022 5:17 pm  #1

Viewing several boats in playback

At a recent event I was able to track several competitors via AIS and use all the features within Expedition to track them, see their COG/SOG and use the Expedition features to see how they were advancing to the next mark. I did this by mapping AIS targets to boats.  All really good stuff!

After the race I was able to play back our race in Expedition, and to my delight, I was able to see boat 1 (our primary competition) appear every minute or so on the playback.  But I wasn't able to see competitors 2 to 10.  I can see that there is data in the logs for boats 2 - 10, but they don't shown up on playback.

Is there some tick box I am missing?  Or is this just a limitation of the system?

Also, it would be nice to see the tracks of the competitors in playback to to help see where they went for current relief (or shore breeze or ....).  I would like to have this information to use for future events in the same area - knowing where the fast guys go can be helpful!

I am running version 11.17.3

11/26/2022 7:14 pm  #2

Re: Viewing several boats in playback

Unfortunately, there was an issue where boats 2 and up weren't being logged.

Recently fixed (11.17.6).

11/30/2022 10:23 am  #3

Re: Viewing several boats in playback

Wow, that was a prompt fix!  Works great now.

Board footera