Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/07/2022 10:31 am  #21

Re: C-MAP

Thanks!

12/07/2022 3:20 pm  #22

@voodoomatz - THANK YOU!! I am very relieved & happy that this is resolved and I really appreciate the time & effort that you, Nick and all the others have put into this! 

The only thing I have not managed to replicate is the disable function for the Parallels Tools update. When I go to the VM settings (the cog in the top right of the window?) and follow > Options > More Options > I only see a drop down menu to select where the Time is Sync'd from, and the checkbox to Share Mac clipboard / Preserve text formatting. Nothing about Parallel Tools Updates. I am able to stop the automatic update when it starts, so not the end of the world in this interim period, but if I am missing something I would appreciate a quick hint!

Do you think another ticket raised with Parallels would help in the prioritising of a proper fix for this?

Thanks again!!

12/08/2022 6:52 am  #23

Does anybody have a screenshot of the black chart issue?
I forgot to take one and now the Parallels Support is asking. Don't really want to break and re-fix again 😡

12/08/2022 6:56 am  #24

Tigger_B wrote:

The only thing I have not managed to replicate is the disable function for the Parallels Tools update.

Click the little cogwheel in the Control Center...

Then click here...

In English: Options > further options > automatically update parallels tools (bottom right tick box)

Last edited by voodoomatz (12/08/2022 7:20 am)

12/08/2022 9:30 am  #25

Thanks again
Unfortunately I also forgot to take a screen grab of the issue 
I had been following the same route to the Configuration options / settings as you describe, but with result shown below:

Less options than those that you see...If I miss to cancel the automatic update that starts every time as you say, then I will take a screen shot and share it here!!

12/08/2022 9:39 am  #26

Tigger_B wrote:

I had been following the same route to the Configuration options / settings as you describe
[...]
Less options than those that you see...

I am using the Parallels Pro Edition. Are you using Standard? Maybe that's causing the difference?

Tigger_B wrote:

If I miss to cancel the automatic update that starts every time as you say, then I will take a screen shot and share it here!!

No, I hope you won't!!! Well, now you know how to fix 😄
But seriously, this is probably triggered in some autostart file within Windows. Maybe check there? ..or wait for a fix from Parallels.

12/08/2022 3:01 pm  #27

Black chart issue screenshot: 

12/08/2022 3:08 pm  #28

I don't know if that wil help them.

The problem could be either in C-Map or in the OpenGL-Direct2D conversion. 

We could test the latter with a build that didn't use accelerated option (the 'OpenGL to Expedition is accelerated').

We also have a C-Map sample app that would determine if it is in there.

12/10/2022 3:38 am  #29

voodoomatz wrote:

I am using the Parallels Pro Edition. Are you using Standard? Maybe that's causing the difference?  

I am indeed on the Standard version - that explains the different options. Thanks! 
I have just checked for updates in Parallels, and I have found this:

Has anyone tried it yet?!  
"Multiple graphics and stability issues..." sounds positive, but I thought I would check if anyone has any more insight before going for it. 

12/10/2022 4:16 am  #30

Tigger_B wrote:

I have just checked for updates in Parallels, and I have found this:
[...]
Has anyone tried it yet?!  
"Multiple graphics and stability issues..." sounds positive, but I thought I would check if anyone has any more insight before going for it. 

I am running v18.1.0 now (with the Tools from v17.1.5).
I think - but I am not 100% sure - I was running v18.1.0 with the v18 Tools when I was seeing the black chart issue.
Unfortunately, Parallels version history does not give us the date of the individual releases. However, https://kb.parallels.com/en/129060 was updated last on 1 November. So that supports my thinking that I was already on v18.1.0.

You can always try the update...😉

Board footera