Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2022 10:34 am  #1

Expedition installation on a Raid 1 configuration

Good Morning,
For a yacht racing offshore I looking for a system with redundacy. I would like to install the OS in a Raid 1 so in case of failure of one disk the system still work
I suppose that the Expedition license file is related to the disk serial number. what happen in case the failure is of the disk related to the license?
I'm thinking also to bring into the race a second PC, same as the first one, where I can move the disks in case of failure of the PC. does the license still work changing the hardware except the disks?
​many thanks for any reply
Stefano

10/04/2022 1:06 pm  #2

Re: Expedition installation on a Raid 1 configuration

Yes, one of the things the key is linked to the disk. Also CPU etc

We could issue a backup key.

10/06/2022 1:03 pm  #3

Hi Nick,
thanks for your reply,.
do you have a better way to have a redundant pc on board for long navigation?

10/06/2022 1:35 pm  #4

I carry two complete independent laptops when racing. Both setup to just work in the boat if plugged in and turned on. Both with the latest version of exp installed and tested. I try to keep the settings in sync accross the systems and both use one drive to keep data synced but that doesn't help with the failover out at sea -- it does help on multiday regattas and after race processing.

Board footera