Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/16/2022 11:03 am  #1

H5000 Custom Function

I am running an H5000 Hercules and Expedition. I want to be able to pull the wind speed value off the 5000, reference a custom table, and export the data to a remote channel on the 5000. Specifically, I want the 5000 to display my target rig rake and backstay values. 

I have had successful loop back tests with a USB to 422 cable, writing H-link messages out of the COM port but have been unsuccessful in getting a response from the 5000. Navico support has been anything but helpful in this project but I have had successful communication between the Expedition and my 5000 via the Websocket and the H-link, so that has lead me to asking for any advice on this forum.

I can't find any examples of sending an H-link message to a 5000 outside the B&G Operations manual. Has anyone tried to do something like this that can offer any advice?

8/16/2022 12:39 pm  #2

Re: H5000 Custom Function

Do you mean you want the HLink protocol?

It is described in the h3000 user manual.

8/16/2022 2:05 pm  #3

Re: H5000 Custom Function

I do mean H-Link Protocol. The Expedition will send and receive via H-Link, I can see the "V" messages in the raw data. When I send it anything manually, even the example message right out of the Operations Manual, it doesn't send anything back. 

Board footera