Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/27/2022 6:57 am  #1

Bring in Yellow Brick Tracking text files.

One more quirk I had on the Bermuda Race: 

I setup an email account to receive updates for YB tracking while on satellite.  I did not have any luck having them come in to Expedition. How do I get it to look for a new file? 
It did work occasionally via Predict Wind Offshore, if I could stay connected long enough to pull it down... 

6/27/2022 9:21 am  #2

Re: Bring in Yellow Brick Tracking text files.

see discussion under Quick Guides section

7/08/2022 10:37 am  #3

I had issues bringing YB in over Iridium Go during the Annapolis to Bermuda as well. I ended up relying on Predict Wind instead.  It would be good to know when Expedition can't communicate with the YB server over satellite.

Also, is there a way to bring the YB data into Expedition after the race. I am doing post-race analysis and it would be great to see other boats' routes against ours in Expedition.

7/08/2022 12:46 pm  #4

Odd. I just had an email saying how great it was for YB!

The main thing with Go is a well sited external antenna.

You can manually bring them in, but the easiest way is to download them again. Select JSON as the type and a sufficiently large number of positions

7/11/2022 8:08 am  #5

Thanks Nick, I was able to download the full set of data over my Internet connection. The issue I had during the race may have been something to do with my Iridium Go. I got an error message saying it couldn't resolve the URL. In any case, using the JSON setting worked for my post-race analysis.

Board footera