Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/23/2022 4:33 pm  #1

YB Tracking

I am prepping for Pac Cup and am trying to sort out YB tracking. I am testing using 2018 Pac Cup tracking. I am able to load the BoatId file via Expedition. I then request via sailmail the position file. The BoatId properly populates all of the boats. However when I attempt to import the position file it states that it is unable to open the Boat Id file. 

I am able to upload the position report via Expedition and I get my boat and another boat to plot.

What am I missing? Thanks.

6/23/2022 6:56 pm  #2

Re: YB Tracking

There isn't any way to manually load the boat id fie in Exp.

If is it in the same folder as the position report file being manually imported, Exp will use it.

It was upated a little in the last update, but the simplest is to call it BoatId.csv. Also see the help.

6/24/2022 3:54 pm  #3

Same question (hi Adam), using the queens cup 2022 for practice. Using yb tracking option downloads both boat Id and position afaict, since if I then click on sail>boats I see the list of boats in the race, and if I click on sail>tracking>View all I see positions. However the sail>tracking page is empty, and the boats are not plotted on the chart.

Some secret sauce here? What steps and options should I use to download and view?

6/24/2022 4:29 pm  #4

Which verison of Exp?

You need to set a boat (normally yours) as the reference boat to see data in the race tracking window. The times listed are for the reference boat.

To see data on the chart, make sure you have Boats and Tracks selected in Display settings.

The boats will be drawn at the display time. If this is outside the times in the tracking, nothing will be drawn if you have 'Tracks to current time' selected.

Board footera