Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2022 3:43 pm  #1

Race Notes

I updated to 11.15.10 and seem to have lost all my Race Notes.  Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks

5/17/2022 4:34 pm  #2

Re: Race Notes

In what way have you lost them? Deleted, can't read etc?

There was one change where you can't write to the old .dat format. Everything now uses the xml format, but you can still read the old ones.

Maybe email me with details and a sample.

9/09/2022 9:18 am  #3

I have difficulties with saving race notes.
After creatiing and saving (saving as a new file) the race note and exiting Expedition, after the restart of Expedition, the Race note is lost and cannot be found in the Expedition folder any more.
Does anyone have the same problem?

9/09/2022 11:53 am  #4

With regards to mitchell, I had the same issue. It seems like the visit my harbour charts activation on the computer, modifies the encoding of the xml files and that creates the issue with saving/expedition deleting Race Notes.
At least that is what I found, I haven't had the issue when not activating/loading the VMH charts.

9/09/2022 12:35 pm  #5

sailing4life wrote:

With regards to mitchell, I had the same issue. It seems like the visit my harbour charts activation on the computer, modifies the encoding of the xml files and that creates the issue with saving/expedition deleting Race Notes.
At least that is what I found, I haven't had the issue when not activating/loading the VMH charts.

Yes, that is it. I found.
When VMH charts are activated it it not possible to save or load Race Notes.

Thanks,

Mitch

9/09/2022 1:58 pm  #6

It might also be worth checking your computer for viruses. Microsoft Defender flagged a trojan in the VMH download for me.

9/10/2022 9:04 pm  #7

Nick wrote:

It might also be worth checking your computer for viruses. Microsoft Defender flagged a trojan in the VMH download for me.

The Trojan relates to a price of code they have that is design to prevent the copying and Saving of their charts in programs that are loading them, some form of copyright protection.

I have scanned with and without the virtual disk loaded, the trojan only loads when the run me licensing file is run. As soon as you I mount the disk and restart the PC it goes away. (At least for me)

Board footera