Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2022 6:19 am  #1

Analyse log file - working with results

When analysing a log file (under tools in expedition) I get an export with tests, is there a way to view these tests in a stripchart as if I recorded manual tests?

Also, how do you load the results into the tests database if I would like to use them to update/ evaluate my polars?

Perhaps the second question solves the first?

5/17/2022 1:50 pm  #2

Re: Analyse log file - working with results

There isn't sorry. Only tests from Stripchart get saved in the database.

5/18/2022 1:52 am  #3

Thanks, it's fairly easy to import them into the database, I noticed I need to change the time, but I guess that has to do with my local time /UTC settings.

And getting the period correct was a little fix as it exports mm:ss and excel seams to interpret it as hh:mm so I had to fix it before importing it in decimals in the database, then fixing a few formats issues I was all set!

I'll sort a macro/ template for it and I'll be good. It's a great way to get a better understanding of the actual tests generated be the settings you enter in the "analyse log file feature".

An idea for a future feature would perhaps be to ad a minimum pol% to the "analyse log file settings", but it's easy to filter the tests with low polar speeds when formatting the file, so perhaps it's not to important.

5/18/2022 12:05 pm  #4

The polar speed filter is a good ide. I will think about it.

Board footera