Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/14/2022 9:28 pm  #1

Sail Chart / List not Displaying with Optimal Routing

Hello,
After a recent update whenever I run optimal routing it fails to display any of the sail information from the sail crossover chart. 

I've attempted to reload the crossover chart as well as use a different one and re-run the optimal routing but does not populate in the results table. i am using the Sailing Performance style chart FYI, and I have never used the Sail List which seems to never match the chart but has never caused any issue so never worried about it.
Now for the really odd part, when I add a new sail to the cross-over chart it will display in the routing results table.

is there a change to the crossover charts that I need to do something different to allow it to be used by the optimal routing?

Thank you!  hoping I am just missing something here.

Doug

4/14/2022 10:02 pm  #2

Re: Sail Chart / List not Displaying with Optimal Routing

Quick update from trying to work through it.

I can make the Sailing Performance Crossover charts work by reselecting the sail group for each sail to something differant than"Other" however these groups are not labeled and remain blank on the dropdown menue but they are selectable and allow optimal routing and Sail Next data to be populated.

Is their a formal way to set the sail groups in the Performance Yachting crossover charts?

4/14/2022 11:21 pm  #3

Re: Sail Chart / List not Displaying with Optimal Routing

One problem with the SP charts is they have no concept of whether an object is a sail or something else like a reef for example.

So, Exp has to guess.  It is has the group property set toother, it will assume it isn't a sail.

See the Exp help for more details.

Board footera