Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2021 6:25 am  #1

Utilizing Expedition in a weather program

I have just wrote some python scripts that extract wind info from weather stations and output a UDP stream in expedition protocol to Expedition. The idea is to have weather stations visible side to side with your own wind data from the boat.

It works fine showing up wind speed and direction in number boxes and I am able to graph it nicely with stripcharts. However, since Expedtition obviously has been used by weather programs previously. I assume that it then has been display on the charts as well.

Therefore I am trying to add latitude and longitude with channel numbers 48 and 49 to the obvious candidates 5 (TWS) and 6 (TWD) as here: 

#1,5,9.1,6,357.0,48,39.5026,49,2.7469*2C 

but no latitude and longitude data is populated for boat with id 1. When looking at a expedition protocol stream from the actual boat are outputting lat and lon on channel 48 and 49 just fine. 

What is the difference? 

Are there any other advice on how they have used Expedition in weather programs more than displaying wind speed and direction in separate graphs in a stripchart?

Last edited by barne (10/04/2021 6:27 am)

10/04/2021 11:26 am  #2

Re: Utilizing Expedition in a weather program

Hello,

This just came up today for another weather boat program. 

I didn't think about new GPS source selection affecting the positions for other boats. Will fix that.

Have sent an email.

Board footera